Offlineimap crash

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Dec 15 09:28:35 GMT 2014

Hi,

First of all many thanks for a wonderful tool!

Secondly, I am experiencing a bit of an annoyance. I am using git/master
on Debian testing.

On syncing an account all other mailfolders get updated fine, but for
one which provokes ultimately a crash - terminal output see below. At a
guess I would think I have a corrupt message in that folder. But I can
not identify which one unless I get more info. I have offlineimap on a
bunch of other computers running fine from the same account, but these
are on Ubuntu and use repo versions of offlineimap + have had that
account and folder fully synced up for ages - while this computer is new
and the problem is there since I started syncing. I got all messages
until about 2012 in that folder.

Any hints or suggestions?

Many thanks!

peter

peter at localhost:~$ offlineimap -a OurMail
ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for OurMail folder .Software.Sword-SVN:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py",
line 430, in syncfolder
    if not localfolder.check_uidvalidity():
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 181, in check_uidvalidity
    if self.get_saveduidvalidity() != None:
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 204, in get_saveduidvalidity
    self._base_saved_uidvalidity = long(file.readline().strip())
ValueError: invalid literal for long() with base 10: ''

  invalid literal for long() with base 10: ''