<DKIM> Maildir -> Restore to IMAP server

Pluto Crat plutocrat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 01:42:47 GMT 2014

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your very clear and thorough instructions. All is good now,
and hopefully anyone else having a similar problem will be able to find
the answer in this mailing list! Perhaps one for the FAQ?

While I'm writing, I thought I'd mention how I got in this position in
the first place. I have an account with Mediatemple. I was hosting a
domain for a friend, and wanted to transfer it from my account to his
account. However it was impossible to set up the domain on both accounts
at the same time, so I needed to make a copy of his email, delete the
account on the source end, and then create it on the target end. It was
frustrating because I knew that if I talked to the right tech person,
they could just move the maildir between accounts. If I'd had access to
the server myself, I could have done it in seconds, rather than the 6
hours it took me to make a local copy and re-upload it. Ah well. Its all
over now.

Thanks again. And thanks for offlineimap.