Changing server

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 30 08:00:31 UTC 2014

On 30.06.2014 09:16, Manolo Martínez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am changing my website and addresses from bluehost to a linode. I was
> wondering if there was a way to transfer the emails in the imap
> directories from one to the other.
>
> I've tried the easy way: changing the server info in .offlineimaprc, but
> there is a UID validity problem. Is there a more convoluted way?

Why would you use offlineimap for this?  Just use an e-mail
client that can work on several IMAP servers at once.  I've done
this with tens of thousands of mails using Thunderbird.  Just
create accounts for both servers and you can move around mails
almost like in a graphical file manager.  Of you should take a
backup to be safe, and don't try this while hooked to a 3G
network :)

Cheers,
Thomas