Tagged v6.5.6

Eygene Ryabinkin rea at codelabs.ru
Fri Jun 13 16:18:07 BST 2014

Nicolas, good day.

Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 03:09:01PM +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 08:26:20AM +0400, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 03:20:30PM +0200, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> > > I just packaged 6.5.6. for Gentoo.  Is it the case that
> > >
> > > offlineimap --version
> > >
> > > still displays 6.5.5, or is it just me?
>
> I remember I did the same error when I did my first release. I should
> have write the documentation on this, sorry.

I am still thinking of how to add this to the documentation: to have
some section in the manual or to have a top-level file HACKING in
which all bits of release engineering and some (scarce) pointers on
how to write the code for OfflineIMAP are outlined.

I like the idea of HACKING, because it is more unlikely to miss out
than docs/doc-src/HACKING.rst.  Interesting what others think about it.

> > No, it was my fault.  6.5.6.1 is expected Really Soon (tm).
>
> It's up to you but I'd go with a v6.5.7. I used to keep 3 digits outside
> pre-release (X.Y.Z-rN). I guess it makes things easier for everybody.

Fair enough, thanks!
--
rea