imap kewords (custom flags)

Jochen Schröder cycomanic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 03:22:28 GMT 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a plan to add support for imap keywords
(custom flags), similar to gmail labels. I saw that there were some
patches fromErik Quaeghebeur about a year ago:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/offlineimap-project/2013-March/004567.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/offlineimap-project/2013-March/004569.html

But after some discussion nothing happened. I'm willing to do the work
of bringing those patches up to speed, but if there are reasons why they
were never accepted in the first place so I don't waste my time.

As a side note, I think the approach of storing keywords in xattr of the
files is much better than the approach of adjusting the mail headers
(like proposed somewhere else). The problem of adding the keywords to
the mail is that they can leak, i.e. if I label all my bosses emails as
"idiot" but reply or forward one of the emails, that label is contained
in the mail and can be seen by my boss.

Cheers
Jochen