SOLVED: updating offlineimape makes it re-download whole folders

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Tue May 6 13:13:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 3:09 pm, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 07:49:02PM +0200, M. Fioretti wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I had a computer running Fedora 17, which among other things kept a
>> complete local copy of certain remote IMAP accounts with offlineimap and
>> the configuration pasted below.
>>
>> Yesterday I installed Fedora 20 on that box, which upgraded offlineimap
>> version 6.5.5 (don't remember what it was on Fedora 17...).
>>
>> Now, when I run offlineimap -c offlineimaprc, the tool starts
>> downloading again whole folders on the server...
>
> If yes, I see 3 possible causes if you're sure to have kept the required
> local cache of the accounts as-is:

Oh boy... I was SURE that this was the case, but I was wrong. I only
realized now that, for reasons I'll figure out later, the
$HOME/.offlineimap folder was missing. When I restored it from the backup
made right before the installation of Fedora 20, everything worked as
expected, that is only really new messages were downloaded.

Thanks!

Marco