Tagged v6.5.6-RC1

Tomasz Żok tomasz.zok at gmail.com
Thu May 22 19:57:24 UTC 2014

On 2014-05-22 at 20:01, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Intend to roll out 6.5.6 Really Soon (tm), perhaps even today
> or tomorrow.  So, if anyone has some concerns about -RC --
> please, speak up.

OfflineIMAP v6.5.6-rc1 throws exception and displays this stacktrace:

Exception in thread Thread-16:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imapserver.py", line 706, in __idle
    imapobj.__idle(callback=callback)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplib2.py", line 404, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError("Unknown IMAP4 command: '%s'" % attr)
AttributeError: Unknown IMAP4 command: '_IdleThread__idle'

And, unsurprisingly, the IDLE for my accounts does not work :), I have to wait
for the sync to get my e-mail

Also, as a side note:
- The link to v6.5.6-rc1 tag on http://offlineimap.org/ points to GitHub 404
  page
- The link to "release tarballs" points to a page which says "There aren’t any
  uploads for this repository". The link should point to
  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/tags
- The Makefile in the tarball should IMHO use "python2" instead of "python"
  command. More and more linux boxes have Python 3 installed as /usr/bin/python
  and the current OfflineIMAP is only Python2-compliant (well, at least the
  setup script *is*, but AFAIR the main application was also not Python3-ready
  some time ago - correct me if I'm wrong). Using "python2" is more robust
  since this will not interfere with older systems (i.e. those where
  /usr/bin/python == /usr/bin/python2)

Best regards and thank you for your work on OfflineIMAP. I'll be glad to
provide more information and repeat tests if needed.

Cheers,
Tomasz