Getting Mails from the client?

Kay arkon.85 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:12:52 GMT 2014

Hi everyone,
I have a special question. Is it possible to get mails from the client? The setup looks like this.
iPhone with a configured IMAP Mail Server and Mails local. The IMAP Mail Server is now gone forever. But the Mails remain on the iPhone. Now I want to setup an OfflineIMAP Server to say to the iPhone Mail client: Give me all your mails that you have locally. Is that possible?
I did read the IMAP RFC and it seems the command "APPEND" or "COPY" should be able to do that. Or I`m wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

greetings
Kay