Changing status_backend

Denis Igorevich Lobanov denis.lobanov at zooei.com
Wed Nov 19 16:13:09 GMT 2014

Hi,

Apologies for the slightly dirty bug test environment here, I have previously
encountered this issue but never logged or documented anything..

Desc:
I have changed by status_backed from 'sqlite' to 'plain', and even though I
have deleted the .offlineimap folder, I have found that subsequent runs still
try to access old backend directories after new ones have been generated.

Steps:
    * created a new local folder 'list-dspam'
    * run sync (offlineimap -u ttyui -a zooei)

Details:

 *** Finished account 'zooei' in 0:05
ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for zooei folder list-dspam: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 399, in syncfolder
    statusrepos.getsep()))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 105, in getfolder
    self.import_other_backend(folder)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 68, in import_other_backend
    folderbk = dic['class'](folder.name, repobk)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 60, in __init__
    self.connection = sqlite.connect(self.filename, check_same_thread = False)
OperationalError: unable to open database file

  unable to open database file

I put some debug in LocalStatusSQLite.py and found its looking for a file in:
    /home/ ... /offlineimap/Account-zooei/LocalStatus-sqlite/list-dspam

However as I use the 'plain' backend, I have this instead:
    /home/ ... /offlineimap/Account-zooei/LocalStatus/list-dSpam

The capital 'S' in 'list-dSpam' isnt my typo but it doesnt appear right (as I
named the folder with lowercase letters).

Denis