what's the right way to reset offlineimap's cache?

Kyle Silfer kyle at rtoads.com
Tue Oct 28 22:56:00 GMT 2014

Hi there:

I did some one-way IMAP to IMAP syncs with offlineimap and while the initial results were good (albeit with date received 1 hour in the future--which I mentioned in another thread), subsequent syncs resulted in a variety of errors.

Rather than troubleshoot each and every error, I wanted to redo the sync from scratch and see if the errors reasserted themselves. I really only need to do one sync, so if I can get one good one, I can live with that.

To reset the sync, I renamed the .offlineimap folder for the user who is running offlineimap and deleted all the mail folders and their contents on the destination IMAP server.

I thought this would do it, but when I re-run the sync, it doesn't sync everything from scratch and the folders are not recreated. It seems to think all the stuff it has already synced is still there instead of recopying it fresh. I thought all this sync data was stored in the .offlineimap folder and renaming it would start things from scratch.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Kyle Silfer