what's the right way to reset offlineimap's cache?

Kyle Silfer kyle at rtoads.com
Wed Oct 29 15:40:54 UTC 2014

On Oct 29, 2014, at 4:17 AM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 04:56:00PM -0600, Kyle Silfer wrote:
>
>> To reset the sync, I renamed the .offlineimap folder for the user who
>> is running offlineimap and deleted all the mail folders and their
>> contents on the destination IMAP server.
>
> <...>
>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>
> I can't find anything wrong with your process. The glitch might be
> somewhere else. Did you change your configuration file?

It turned out to be a hostname resolution problem. The local IMAP server was attempting to sync with itself because it was no longer resolving the remote hostname correctly. So naturally there was not much for it to do! ;-)

Glad to know I had the correct method for resetting the sync down correctly.

Thanks.

--
Kyle Silfer
Reign of Toads