SOLVED: Issues connecting to iClout IMAP server on Mavericks

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Wed Sep 24 09:24:09 BST 2014

This is finally solved. The problem seems to be that I was using my
email address as a password, while the remoteuser has to be the name *of
the iCloud email address* (so ThisIsTheRemoteuser at icloud.com)!

Then, if you are using two step authentication enabled (which one
should!) you have to create an application password and use this one.

Below please find my working configuration

,----
| [Repository RemoteiCloud]
| type = IMAP
| remotehost = imap.mail.me.com
| port = 993
| ssl = yes
| sslcacertfile = ~/certs/Certificates.cer
| remoteuser = iCloudEmailAddressBeforeTheAt
| remotepasseval = get_keychain_pass(account="rainer.friCloudOfflineimap")
`----

Hope this helps,

Rainer