maxage and mu4e sent folder

Sander Boer sanboer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:11:05 BST 2015

Hi,
A while ago I posted this as an issue for the MU project:

"I've sent some emails with mu4e using msmtp. emails arrive, copies in
ofllineimap's Sent folder, all is grand.

But when I check the Sent folder on the mail server, no dice.
A quick look reveals a strange naming difference:
Mail created by courier imap look like:

1414613165.M579368P32122V0000000000000900I0000000001E600B4_0.zorn,S=819:2,S

But a mail created by mu4e looks like:

20141029-9ffdc9-sun-ra:2,S

That looks a lot shorter."

Now, as it turns out, this is no probem. When I turn off the maxage
directive, the short named mail in the Sent folder gets synced and its
filename in the offlineimap folder get renamed to the longer version as
shown above.

Probem is, however, I would like to have maxage set, as my mailbox is
9gB. And on my surface pro, disc space it is a bit of an issue.
I noticed maxage being under close scrutiny right now and I hope this is
not compounding the issue.

thank you,

Sander

PS right now I'll just re-org older mail in archive folders and filter
those out.