<DKIM> offlineimap/mbsync state files compatibility

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Dec 8 07:07:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 09:54:29PM -0300, Raphaël wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've used OfflineIMAP for some months, but I now intend to switch to
> mbsync¹ (the later let me avoid syncing email deleting from master to slave).
>
> I would like to avoid downloading again GB of emails still in the remote
> repository.
> The most obvious way seem to convert the OfflineIMAP repository to a
> mbsync repository. And the first step is state files.

I think nobody else tried to convert a OfflineIMAP Maildir to a mbsync
Maildir.

Honestly, I would re-download the mailboxes myself to avoid unexpected
side effects. After all, this is only machine time consuming.

However, this is something interesting that I'm tempted to add to the
TODO list of imapfw. :-)