Using keyring to store password.

Stephen Eglen sje30 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 10:09:42 GMT 2015

Hi,
I have the following in my .offlineimaprc

[general]
pythonfile = ~/offlineimap.py
maxconnections = 3

[Repository MyMailRemote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = imap.damtp.cam.ac.uk
remoteuser = "sje30"
remotepasseval = keyring.get_password('imap-damtp', 'personal')
ssl = yes
cert_fingerprint=6f602609295492a040f18a7f55d9e12a1d5a0ecd

and "import keyring" is in my offlineimap.py file.  Is this a good way to
store the password, or is there a better way?

When I run offlineimap I then get the following error:
 PLAIN authentication failed: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed.

but then the mail is copied across (presumably using another method).

How do I prevent it trying the PLAIN auth method?

Thanks, Stephen