Crash on OfflineIMAP 6.5.7-rc1

Edd Barrett edd at theunixzoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 8 15:01:01 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 12:15:51PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 09:22:25AM +0000, Edd Barrett wrote:
> > Hey,
>
> Hi,
>
> > Went to test the release candidate this morning. I should beusing the
> > master branch, right?
>
> Right. I sucked on a rebase before releasing. Could you please test
> the current master? It should be OK. I'll release a -rc2 once
> confirmation it works for you.

That is fixed, but now I have a different issue.

I have 3 mail servers defined in my rc. Two have a sslcacertfile, one has a
cert_fingerprint. This works fine with offlineimap-6.5.6, but on master the
fingerprinted server fails like this:

---8<---
 *** Processing account *****
 Establishing connection to *****
 ERROR: Unknown SSL protocol connecting to host ***** for repository *****. OpenSSL responded:
[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)
 *** Finished account ***** in 0:00
ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: Unknown SSL protocol connecting to host ***** for repository *****. OpenSSL responded:
[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)

Traceback:
  File "/home/edd/source/offlineimap/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 247, in syncrunner
    self.__sync()
  File "/home/edd/source/offlineimap/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 309, in __sync
    remoterepos.getfolders()
  File "/home/edd/source/offlineimap/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py", line 319, in getfolders
    imapobj = self.imapserver.acquireconnection()
  File "/home/edd/source/offlineimap/offlineimap/imapserver.py", line 484, in acquireconnection
    raise OfflineImapError(reason, severity)
--->8---

Looks like it is trying to use certificates regardless of cert_fingerprint?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk