Sync -> Mails there. Sync -> mails gone

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Thu Jan 29 10:53:55 GMT 2015

Sorry guys, but the more I get into it, the more I get confused:

I managed to outsource the python code which does the nametrans. No
big deal.

I also inserted debug messages (simple print() calls), and it actually
prints _all_ my folders, like the folderfilter wouldn't apply _at
all_.

Here's my python code:

    import re

    def hfu_local_folderfilter(name):
        return name.startswith("hfu.")

    #
    # Translate the local folder name to the remote folder name:
    #
    #   hfu.INBOX   -> INBOX
    #   hfu.foo     -> INBOX.foo
    #
    def hfu_nametrans_local_to_remote(name):
        if (name == "hfu.INBOX"):
            ret = "INBOX"
        else:
            ret = "INBOX." + re.sub('^hfu\.', '', name)
        print("Translated local->remote: '" + name + "' to '" + ret + "'")
        return ret

    #
    # Translate the remote folder name to the local folder name:
    #
    #   INBOX   -> hfu.INBOX
    #   foo     -> hfu.foo
    #
    def hfu_nametrans_remote_to_local(name):
        ret = "hfu." + re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', name)
        print("Translated remote->local: '" + name + "' to '" + ret + "'")
        return ret

the hfu_local_folderfilter() should tell offlineimap that it should
only sync folders which start with my prefix, which is "hfu.". My
Maildir structure looks like this:

    hfu.INBOX       # Inbox for account "hfu"
    hfu.foo
    hfu.bar
    inbox           # Inbox for main account
    foo
    bar

I hope someone can help me with this, as this is my test-run for
offlineimap. After I configured it properly, I will use all my mail
accounts with it (using getmail with POP by now on the other accounts,
as the main account mentioned above).

Sorry for bothering you guys...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,