<DKIM> Re:[offlineimap] Duplicates of messages copied from remote to local (#174)

Janna Martl janna.martl109 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 07:11:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 02:39:14AM +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you much for the git bisect. I'm copying Jana Martl so she can
> check if she see find something.
>
> Peter, please check without autorefresh. I have doubts about this
> option.
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:52:26PM +0100, Peter Lewis wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > A long time ago, in May, I described an issue I was having with
> > OfflineIMAP, whereby occasionally it would duplicate all the mails in
> > a folder, by redownloading them.
> >
> > This was a recently introduced and intermittent fault (typically once
> > every few days), so was difficult to track down. Nicholas suggested to
> > try a git bisect, since it's a regression.
> >
> > So, since then, I have been attempting to git bisect OfflineIMAP. I have
> > ended up with this commit being the culprit:
> >
> > https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/commit/25513e90387f60831b94c6041de08db5ba12e95f

Peter, when you did the git bisect, which versions did you end up
testing? I ask because this commit later got reverted.

Nicholas, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think changing the date
in the filename should have made any difference to anything if maxage
isn't being used. The only other thing this patch did was set the rtime
correctly, which was later dealt with more carefully in Abdo's patches
c094304f937e13e80ce464ff7819affd39d298cc and
0c17350e4f72282a7a8ac3180de713b3b322dcea . It might help to know whether
the bug is present at that point.

-- J.M.