[BUG] APPEND command error (while sync-ing mail)

Randomcoder randomcoder1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:52:46 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I like offlineimap and I use it often.
Every now and then (maybe every 2-3 months) it fails sync-ing
my mail.

I am attaching the output I get to this e-mail.
Usually the "fix" is to delete the last messages I got that day
and re-sync them using offlineimap.

    find /home/Mail/rand1/\[Gmail\].All\ Mail/  -type f -printf '%T+\t%p\n' | \
    sort | \
    grep "2015-03-17+07:" | \
    perl -F'\t' -ane 'print "$F[1]";' | xargs -I{} rm "{}"

I'm using OfflineIMAP 6.3.4 from Debian Jessie's packages, more details bellow:

    Package: offlineimap
    State: installed
    Automatically installed: no
    Version: 6.3.4-1

I am posting to the mailing list, in case someone else has this problem.
Not sure what part of OfflineIMAP's codebase is responsible for this.