more on maildir modification times!

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Mar 26 02:29:20 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 09:12:30PM -0400, Janna Martl wrote:

> I agree that this will no longer be necessary once we get the min_uid thing
> straightened out. (Though the edge case it fixed -- messages that are
> downloaded much later than they are retrieved on the IMAP server --
> could still cause too many messages to be synced (its UID is too small
> given its date, so it will end up as min_uid). This is not as bad as
> messing up file modification times, though. Maybe we could get the
> filename right and not mess up the modification time?)

Hmm... From our POV it's the obvious thing to do. However, I have no
idea how all the softwares reading our Maildir will handle that.

I have no strong opinion on this. This might worth a try. Feel free to
do whatever you want!

I suggest to wait I revert the patch if you'd like to go further,
though.

PS: by "you" I mean "anyone".