Yet another UID validity problem

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Mar 26 15:24:14 GMT 2015

Hi list.

I have been using mutt since for almost a year now, and I am really
happy with it.  I have had though some mishap, probably due to my
misunderstanding of how things work. I have described the problem I had
at <http://superuser.com:8080/q/822112/128768>.

I haven't still took care of it, since it's in a workstation box which
I don't regularly use for everyday stuff. Some days ago, though, I have
faced another UID validity problem, in my system with which I work
almost every day.  The settings in this box are quite similar, if not
identical, with the "old" box. I'd like to take this step-by-step and
avoid loosing stuff.

I have found and read a very relevant post:
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/6634>.
However, I'd like to confirm my understanding of how things (will) work.

Should I repost the (old) question from SuperUser here?  Other
configuration details?

Of course, the manual contains all of the bits (?), but still, wouldn't
make sense to have some generic approach in the FAQ on what to do when a
user reads "UID validity problem for folder INBOX"? Something very
clean, step-by-step, like in Nicolas Sebrech's post?

Thank you, Nikos