maxage causes loss of local email

Janna Martl janna.martl109 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:14:08 GMT 2015

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 04:04:27AM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
>Ignore quickchanged if maxage is involved (the opposite ― ignore maxage if
>quickchanged is given ― would be bad).

Done.

I also made a new patch for a couple of minor issues I'd noted along
the way. It only looks nontrivial because it's just moving stuff
around.

I realized where (some of) my date-mismatched messages were coming from:
if you increase maxage, then some local messages get re-copied to
remote (i.e. the ones from ~ maxage days ago), they're assigned (new)
UIDs. This is bad because, a day or so later, these messages are in
the remote messagelist (new UID) but not in the local messagelist (old
date), so they get deleted locally. Do we care? Most users aren't
fiddling with the maxage setting too much.

-- J.M.