more on maildir modification times!

Janna Martl janna.martl109 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 01:12:30 GMT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 04:17:24PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> My bad, I forgot about that. Well to make it clear, it's wrong to update
> the modification times of the files for the purpose of fixing maxage.
>
> In fact, I wonder if I should revert the whole patch (25513e90387f60).

I agree that this will no longer be necessary once we get the min_uid thing
straightened out. (Though the edge case it fixed -- messages that are
downloaded much later than they are retrieved on the IMAP server --
could still cause too many messages to be synced (its UID is too small
given its date, so it will end up as min_uid). This is not as bad as
messing up file modification times, though. Maybe we could get the
filename right and not mess up the modification time?)