Feature: Option to delete empty folders?

Jakob Wrigley jwrigley at science.ku.dk
Tue May 5 01:29:16 BST 2015

Hi,
Thank you for offlineimap, it makes my day better every day :)

One of the few things (only one I can think of atm actually) that
offlineimap seems to struggle with is the deletion of folders. I realise
deleting stuff is a risky subject, especially when talking about folders
that might contain untold emails. However, I had an idea:

How about an option to automatically delete folders that are already
empty locally as well as on the server? If offlineimap checks that there
are both local and remote folders are empty first, there is no risk of
accidentally deleting a whole bunch of emails, or?

Cheers,
Jakob