[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.5.7 released

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Fri May 15 14:26:46 BST 2015

OfflineIMAP v6.5.7 is out.

Downloads:
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v6.5.7.tar.gz
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v6.5.7.zip

Almost no change since last release candidate. This is a sign that this release
is stable. ,-)

There was big changes since previous stable and users - especially distribution
maintainers - should really read the intermediate changelogs.

At the beginning of this year, I've tried to implement Unicode support. As you
know, I was not satisfied with the result. Then, I've published my code analysis
where I talk about doing a lot of refactoring for more proper OOP practices.
What's new is that I've actually done it and stopped this work as soon as I
realized that it means entirely rewriting the software.

On top of this, I'm not fully satisfied with other current limitations:
- old legacy support;
- migration to Python 3;
- complex multithreading design;
- some restrictions of the GPLv2 license;
- etc.

That's why I've started a new product. I'll publish it in the coming weeks under
the MIT license.

# Features

- Better documentation for Windows users.
- contrib/release.sh (v0.2): fixes and improvements.

# Fixes

- Report exceptions via exit code.
- Proxy feature leaks DNS support: offlineimap.conf talks about this.
- Email parsing for date coudn't work: fix datetuple dst check.

# Changes

- Little code refactoring.