Can't copy message from local to remote

Ming Su mingsu at rcees.ac.cn
Sun May 10 16:06:36 BST 2015

Thanks very much!

According to your reply, I have tried v6.5.6 and v6.5.5, and also more older versions.

it comes to the same error.

And I have also enabled socktimeout in ~/.offlineimaprc, in this case, it can jump out the error, but it can only go one more step, as show below:

|ming at x1  ~  ‹x1*›
|─$ offlineimap -u basic
OfflineIMAP 6.5.7-rc4
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or any later version (with an OpenSSL exception)
*** Processing account rcees
Establishing connection to mail.cstnet.cn:993
Syncing Drafts: IMAP -> Maildir
Syncing Junk E-mail: IMAP -> Maildir
Syncing Send Items: IMAP -> Maildir
Establishing connection to mail.cstnet.cn:993
Establishing connection to mail.cstnet.cn:993
Syncing Sent Items: IMAP -> Maildir
Establishing connection to mail.cstnet.cn:993
Syncing INBOX: IMAP -> Maildir
Establishing connection to mail.cstnet.cn:993
Syncing Trash: IMAP -> Maildir
Syncing Virus Items: IMAP -> Maildir
Copy message 1385970712 (1 of 2) Remote:INBOX -> Local
Copy message 1385970713 (2 of 2) Remote:INBOX -> Local
Copy message -1 (1 of 1) Local:INBOX -> Remote
ERROR: command: APPEND => no response after 20.0 secs

Inspired by your suggestion, I just kill offlineimap process after 20 seconds in crontab, as show below:

|ming at x1  ~  ‹x1*›
|─$ crontab -e
# ...
* * * * * /usr/local/bin/offlineimap -u basic & sleep 30 && killall -9 offlineimap
# ...

I sent an email in mutt, then I found it showed in the web mail system. It works in a very dirty way.

I still appreciated your help.

Regards,

--
Dr. SU, Ming
State Key Lab. of Environmental Aquatic Chemistry
Email: mingsu at rcees.ac.cn
Email: me at suming.me (peasonal)
Website: http://suming.me