<DKIM> cygwin error LocalStatus.py

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Oct 5 13:00:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 01:38:00PM +0200, Sander Boer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some strange errors filling my logs on offlineimap on cygwin:
>
> Folder INBOX.Spam-info [acc: xxx]:
>   ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for xxx folder INBOX.Spam-info: Traceback
> (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line
> 407, in syncfolder
>      statusfolder.cachemessagelist()
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py",
> line 72, in cachemessagelist
>      assert(line == magicline)
> AssertionError
>

> This happens on some folders, not all of them and I can't quite see a
> pattern. Google comes up empty, hence this mail.
>
> I have a pretty vanilla setup apart from the fact that it runs on cygwin
> and I do have a folderfilter to weed out older archives:
>
> folderfilter = lambda folder: not
> re.search('(^2014|2013|2012|2011|2010|2009)', folder)

I think the filters are not related to this issue.

> Tips ?
> Tricks ?

The LocalStatus is the cache. The magicline is a header line to check
that the version of the cache is correct.

You can manually compare the magic line between working and failing
folders. It stands in

  <cache_path>/Account-<AccountName>/LocalStatus

Since you are on Windows, pay attention to the return line character in
those files:

  \n vs \r\n

You don't say what version of OfflineIMAP you're running.