cygwin error LocalStatus.py

Sander Boer sanboer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 12:38:00 BST 2015

Hi all,

I have some strange errors filling my logs on offlineimap on cygwin:

Folder INBOX.Spam-info [acc: xxx]:
  ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for xxx folder INBOX.Spam-info: Traceback
(most recent call last):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line
407, in syncfolder
     statusfolder.cachemessagelist()
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py",
line 72, in cachemessagelist
     assert(line == magicline)
AssertionError

This happens on some folders, not all of them and I can't quite see a
pattern. Google comes up empty, hence this mail.

I have a pretty vanilla setup apart from the fact that it runs on cygwin
and I do have a folderfilter to weed out older archives:

folderfilter = lambda folder: not
re.search('(^2014|2013|2012|2011|2010|2009)', folder)

Tips ?
Tricks ?

thanks,