[offlineimap] Mac OS X and keychain access (#244)

Scott notifications at github.com
Sat Sep 19 04:05:51 BST 2015

I have been trying to get offlineimap up and running on OS X.  Reading, I am not sure if the photon file of offlineimap.py is part of offlineimap or not, but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

The file has a call in it to:
sudo -u sjl %(security)s -v %(command)s -g -a %(account)s -s %(server)s %(keychain)s" % params

This command does not work on Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite.  I played with it in the command line, using hard coded parameters, and still get a null return, not the "Password:" that the script ends up looking for and parsing out.

Dropping the reference to that file, offlineimap asks for my gmail password, and I think works, I ended up deleted it all as it seemed like I made a mess.

---
https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/issues/244