Sync deleted emails with Gmail

Dmitry Alexandrov 321942 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:00:24 UTC 2016

Wojciech Żuk <wojciech.zuk at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have problem, I use Gmail to collect e-mails from my 3 external accounts.
> So I created fo every account in gmail labels with accountname\Inbox
> accountname\Sent and every of these folders are synchronised two-way
> without problem.
> Problem is with deleting email, when I delete message of any on my external
> account using mail client (thunerbird, outlook), after synchronisation
> message is deleted from it's corresponding folder name on Gmail, but it
> stay in Gmail\All Mail.
> Because on Gmail only messages moved to Gmail\Trash are truly deleted.

This is actually configurable on the server side.  But you have to use
non-free web-interface to be able to set the option: ‘Settings’ →
‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ [0] → ‘IMAP Access’ → ‘When a message is
marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder’ =
‘Immediately delete the message forever’.

If you open ‘basic HTML’ interface that does not require non-free
Javascript, you will not see that option (as well as many others) in
settings dialog at all, as though it never existed.

[0] https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/fwdandpop