API to see last time offlineimap successfully ran?

Jeffrey DeLeo JeffreyDeLeo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:39:45 GMT 2016

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> writes:

> How? From a shell script? contab?
> As any other unix program, OfflineIMAP returns exit code non-zero on
> errors.

I run offlineimap from a crontab, but only under certain conditions -
for example, on my home network.

I understand that the program itself returns an exit code. I could write
some sort of wrapper to note a successful error code and jot a note
someplace.

What I was wondering is this - is there something I can look at in the
offlineimap data itself indicating time of last successful run? For
example, timestamp of ~/.offlineimap/pid indicates last time offlineimap
was run (no idea if it ran successfully - meaning all accounts were
synced).

Does that make sense? In short, I'd rather not write some sort of
framework on top if the data is available.