open-hook: unknown command

Tomasz Żok tomasz.zok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:27:27 GMT 2016

On 2016-02-19 at 15:52, nanooq at nanooq.org wrote:
> I am a fan of the solarized color theme. The one I found needed slang,
> therefore I "apt-get remove"-d mutt and compiled slang and mutt locally. Now
> I do get these errror when starting mutt:
>
> [...]
>
> I had a look at /etc/Muttrc.d/compressed-folders.rc, it seems to be a very
> fundamental file. The sidebar has not yet been installed, nevertheless
> unknown variables such as header_cache suprise me.

You have to get mutt sources and apply mutt-sidebar patch. Then, compile
and install everything.

The mutt-sidebar is not a plugin or add-on or whatever you name it. It
is a set of patches for mutt sourcecode. I believe these patches
introduce the open-hook, close-hook and other keywords currently
reported to be unknown by your mutt installation.

Best regards,
Tomasz