Sorting emails into monthly folders

offlineimap@nanooq.org nanooq at nanooq.org
Mon Jan 18 17:21:27 GMT 2016

Hello all,

how do I sort emails into monthly folders?

Please point me in the right direction / to the right howto.

More than 5 years ago, I installed offlineimap to handle 5 IMAP-hosts and after a short configuration it just worked - including TLS and all. Now I have more than 8 GB of email and I want to "modularize" my email-infrastructure.

As I rarely need emails older than 6 months, how do I just archive them away?
The "all e-mails in their monthly folder"-approach seems to be a good idea, right? Is there a howto explaining the sorting of loads of emails years after the initial offlineimap set up?

Thank you very much in advance,

	nanooq

--
PGP 7A5E 3A54 2740 CB7D C3E4  CDC7 DC59 D39F 5C92 8C64