migrating mail to a VM: what needs to be done with offlineimap?

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Sat Jan 30 08:18:40 GMT 2016

Hello,

I’m migrating my email setup from my main machine (running OS X) to a VM
on the same machine running Linux. As part of this migration, I will
copy the maildir hierarchy, and I’m wondering what I need to do to carry
offlineimap’s synchronization state to the VM. Is it sufficient to copy
all of my .offlineimap directory, with the Accounts and Repositories?

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated January 27, 2016, Mauna Loa Obs.): 403.69 ppm