cannot delete folders - they get restored somehow

Sven Koesling mcsvenster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:04:06 BST 2016

Occasionally I restored my mails from a backup, which was some weeks old
and did nt reflect the actual status of my mailbox on the imap server.

Now I get lots off errors like

 ERROR: Aborting sync, folder 'YYY' [acc: 'myaccount']
  Error SELECTing mailbox 'YYY', server reply:
('NO', ["YYY doesn't exist."])

The folders mentioned in those messages were deletd during the time from
the backup to the restore.

As far as I understand it, offlineimap does a two way sync. So I went to my
local mail folder, found the folder YYY and deleted it. But after the next
sync it re-appears, the the folder does not exist on the server.

I don't understand what is happening here, can someone please point me to
the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Sven