[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v7.0.0-rc4 released

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Jul 4 03:06:55 BST 2016

OfflineIMAP v7.0.0-rc4 is out.

Downloads:
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v7.0.0-rc4.tar.gz
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v7.0.0-rc4.zip

Here we are to stabilize the code. I don't expect to merge features anymore.

When emails failed to download, offlineimap was raising the same issues again
and again. Users can now filter emails based on UID numbers.

The mbnames was missing a way to remove obsolete entries from deleted accounts.
Hence, --mbnames-prune is added.

Syncing folders with the local "sep" characters in their names was causing
troubles on next syncs. They are now filtered with a warning message.

IMAP/IMAP mode is improved: this was suffuring a (rare) bug related to
concurrent writes.

Usual code cleanups and minor improvements are included in this release.

I think this candidate is more stable than the previous v6.7.0 stable. Enjoy!

# Authors

- Nicolas Sebrecht (17)

# Features

- Learn to not download UIDs defined by the user. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Learn --mbnames-prune CLI option. [Nicolas Sebrecht]

# Fixes

- UIDMaps (IMAP/IMAP mode): correctly protect from concurrent writes. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Correctly reraise errors with six. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Don't sync folders with local separator characters in their names. [Nicolas Sebrecht]

# Changes

- Minor: improve "Copy message" output. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- threadutil: use 'with' statements for lock. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Code cleanups and minor improvements. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- release.sh: get_git_who(): remove unnecessary blank line. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- website-doc.sh: fix line continuation. [Nicolas Sebrecht]