Separate imaplib2 from offlineimap

Łukasz Żarnowiecki dolohow at outlook.com
Fri Jun 3 19:26:07 BST 2016

Hi Nicolas,

I was searching through mailing listing archive and I could not find a
subject that would raised that kind of an issue.

The idea is to separate imaplib2 from offlineimap.  The only real
advantage is that we do not need to update offlineimap repository to
reflect changes in imaplib2.  I am going to introduce some compatibility
patches in the near future.  Also it could be beneficial for distros as
the users could use that library for some other things without need to
polling it and having installed twice.  Of course it would initially
require some more work for maintainers, despite the fact that packaging
imaplib2 would be probably very easy.

If you are interested I will send you patches.

Regards
--
Łukasz Żarnowiecki