No subject

edouard debry edouard.debry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:44:50 BST 2016

Hello,

When I try to run offlineimap from commandline, here is the error I get :

OfflineIMAP 6.6.1
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or any later version (with an OpenSSL exception)
Account sync Gmail:
 *** Processing account Gmail
 Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
 Establishing connection to localhost:993
 ERROR: No CA certificates and no server fingerprints configured.  You
must configure at least something, otherwise having SSL helps nothing.
 *** Finished account 'Gmail' in 0:05

This is very strange as I do have CA certificates, from my configuration file :

[Repository Remote-Gmail]
type = Gmail
remotehost = imap.gmail.com
remoteuser = mygmailaddrress
realdelete = no
ssl = yes
sslcacertfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
auth_mechanisms = LOGIN

and I checked that /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt does exists and
contain the google certificates.

So, I really wonder what is going on, it used to work perfectly on
ubuntu 14.04 and since I have upgraded to the 16.04 it gives me this
error. I use offlineimap in conjunction with dovecot and emacs/gnus

I googled the error several times, most of the time it comes from the
fact that people forget the "/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" file,
which should not be my case.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards