<DKIM> GSoC application

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Mar 1 09:42:56 UTC 2016

Side notes: quote lines start with "> ".

What's your fucking MUA, BTW?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 04:58:39AM -0300, Santiago Ferreira wrote:

>      Where did you read this? What version did you install? How?
>
>    Â  Â  > Â Â  I read this after I type "emerge offlineimap" on Gentoo,
>    The version installed it's the offlineimap-6.5.6::gentoo.

Oh, that's an old version. Anyway, we do expect you to work with the
source repository on the development branch.

>    The exact text that I get is:

>    You will need to configure offlineimap by creating ~/.offlineimaprc
>    Sample configurations are in /usr/share/doc/offlineimap-6.5.6/
>    If you connect via ssl/tls and don't use CA cert checking, it will
>    display the server's cert fingerprint and require you to add it to the
>    configuration file to be sure it connects to the same server every
>    time. This serves to help fixing CVE-2010-4532 (offlineimap doesen't
>    check SSL certificate) in cases where you have no CA cert.

>    This last paragragh its the one tha,t when I read it ,I get confused
>    about     Â

The message does not say that OfflineIMAP can't check the certificate.
This explains how it behaves when CA cert checking is not configured.