[GSoC]Getting Started and Contributing

Om Prakash omprakash070 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:33:20 GMT 2016

Hello,

    I am pursuing Master in Computer Application from Pondicherry
University, India. I am good at c++, python and git. I had a look on
Gentoo's idea page and found imapfw project very much interesting. I am
interested in contributing to imapfw, although I am new to open source
world. I would like to work on "Sychronization of mails" idea.

I did system-wide installation using distribution on Ubuntu. When I fire up
'offlineimap --v' it gives output 6.5.4. But when I give 'offlineimap'
command it shows error:

                  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/offlineimap", line 23, in <module>
    oi.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 44, in
run
    options, args = self.parse_cmd_options()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 218, in
parse_cmd_options
    config.set_if_not_exists('general','dry-run','False')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/CustomConfig.py", line
80, in set_if_not_exists
    self.set(section, option, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 753, in set
    ConfigParser.set(self, section, option, value)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 396, in set
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'general'

I think it should ask for login password (correct me, if I understand
wrong). I also tried uninstalling system-wide installation and again
installing using cloning git repository. But it is still showing same
error.

Kindly help me set up development environment for imapfw.

*Thanks and Regards,*

Om Prakash Kumar