Speedup sync - Issue when network disconnectivity

Benoît benoit at neviani.fr
Mon Oct 10 19:02:56 BST 2016

Hi,

I am new to offlineimap and using it for 2 weeks now in conjunction with
mutt.

I would like to see if there is a way to use IDLE connection ?
I saw on the know issues that IDLE is (was?) experimental, the article
is from 2012 so I wonder if we can consider that IDLE is supported
correctly now ?

The reason why I am interested on IDLE is that I am using
mutt/offlineimap against a Office 365 account and they got an issue
where the connection needs more than 10sec to be able to push data...

So even if I reduce the connection to do a check every minute if is very
slow...

The second issue I have is when my network connectivity is lost
(wireless week signal or simply put my computer to sleep and connecting
to another network when I open my computer again).

I realized that most of the time I need to restart the offline systemd
service because offline seems to hangs indefinitely... even if the
connection is working again it is impossible for offlineimap to find or
resolve the name of the IMAP server.

I saw some article speaking about that and advice to reduce the
socktimeout but it is not seems to work for me.

Any idea?

Many thanks !

--
Benoît