Strange error but synching anyway with gmail

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Sep 22 14:37:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 09:18:14AM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> OK - I added
>
> ,----
> | auth_mechanisms = GSSAPI, CRAM-MD5, PLAIN, LOGIN
> `----
>
> to the
>
> ,----
> | [Repository RemoteRMKrugGMAIL]
> `----
>
> section and the error message is gone.

Roger that. We have a problem.

The XOAUTH2 authentication should not be tried if no XOAUTH2
configuration option is set.

Could you please try v7.0.7?

> But I would like to try OATH2.
>
> Now I would like to enable XOAUTH2 and I have all the clientid and
> secret. But what is the "accountname" in
>
> ,----
> | oauth2_client_id_eval = get_client_id("accountname")
> | oauth2_client_secret_eval = get_client_secret("accountname")
> `----
>
> I tried my gmail address and the name of the project, but I still get
> the same error message?

The *_eval configuration options are the evaluable option to provide the
the real value by a function stored in the pythonfile.

Here, "accountname" is whatever string for the function in the
pythonfile to return the correct value if there are more than one
account using the same function. This helps to factorize the code in the
pythonfile.

> Is there a specific dependency for OAUTH2?

There is no external Python dependency. The dependencies should be
provided by the "basic/default" Python environment.