config for ideal setup?

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Thu Sep 29 03:35:59 BST 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 02:10 +0200, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> IDLE is supported while not fully stable. Syncing local changes
> (Maildir) via inotify/fanotify/other is not supported.

I see, so I should consider offlineimap a backup tool only and
consequently only make changes to the mail store via IMAP/etc.

> Not supported.

Do you plan to add this? It would be exceptionally handy for big mail
stores, the only time a full sync would be needed is at boot time.

> In IDLE mode, hooks are started for each new sync.

It seems the hooks run synchronously, offlineimap pauses until they finish?

> No. Offlineimap has been always considered a syncer. However, it's
> possible to get this done by using a script outside of offlineimap. The
> script has to move the new emails from the remote out of the maildir
> handled by offlineimap.

I see, thanks for the tip.

--
bye,