<DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Error when uploading to Gmail: reader socket error: <type 'exceptions.IOError'> Too many read 0

Sean Hammond offlineimap-project at snhmnd.fastmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:07:14 BST 2016

Just to follow up on this - the issue described in this thread
(offlineimap hanging) happens when you have a folder on the remote
account that does not exist in the local maildirs, and the local account
is set to readonly = True.

Creating an empty maildir (including empty cur, new and tmp folders)
locally didn't seem to fix the problem. But setting the local account to
readonly = False for one run and letting offlineimap create the folder
locally did fix the problem for me.

I just ran into the hang again after having deleting a folder from the
local copy and cache in order to fix a UID validity problem, offlineimap
again started hanging until I set the local account to readonly = False
and ran offlineimap once allowing it to create and download the missing
folder. I can then set readonly = True again and it works fine.