openssl/libssl1 in Debian now blocks offlineimap?

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 15 20:19:45 BST 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 05:04:50PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > This paradigm is hurt by this move and our users at Debian are hurt.
> > In many cases they will not have a way to force the mail server to
> > upgrade, and thus are bound to *not* reading emails or using docker/downgrading/
> > home-compiled solutions, which is the worst we can wish for.
> >
> > Do you really think that big companies like cable provides give a
> > **** about what Debian deprecates?  I was personally fighting with similar
> > problems in Firefox and the internal side at my university.
>
> My problem is that if we don't do something, TLS 1.0 will be used
> for an other 10 year, and that's just not acceptable. So I would

But as Norbert has pointed out, and I said similar things to you
privately, there is no possibility of getting big cable companies and
others to change. What are we supposed to do? I was only able to read
your email because I have stopped upgrading this Debian box. Not
updating is also a security risk.

I suppose that I could switch to another distribution.

ael