openssl/libssl1 in Debian now blocks offlineimap?

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 31 23:03:24 BST 2017

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 09:49:52PM +0300, Ilias Tsitsimpis wrote:
> Hi ael, Nicolas,
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 06:01PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> > If we need to update offlineimap, I'm in favour to support this.
> > However, it is all Debian specific so this might better be done in
> > Debian. I don't know, I need to see more. Also, I'm not sure imaplib2
> > would need to be updated, too.
>
> I have replied in the bug report:
>   https://bugs.debian.org/873824
>
> In a nutshell, offlineimap already supports the `ssl_version`
> configuration parameter, and setting it to an appropriate value (i.e.,
> tls1_1) should do the trick. I couldn't test this though, so I am
> waiting for ael to comment here.

Will do ASAP - both here & in the bug report.

I have to 1) get the particular machine configured properly,
2) refresh my memory about the config options; and 3) recall the
opennssl magic testing tool to see which protocols are in use on
a couple of servers.

Should be in a day or so. It sounds as if all should work, but it will
need documenting so that new users know what to do when they get
failures.

ael