Incorrect padding

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Mon Feb 27 09:57:40 UTC 2017

Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 04:00:48PM +0000, ael wrote:
>> offlineimap won't connect to a bt imap server:
>>
>> OfflineIMAP 7.0.12
>>   Licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or any later version (with an OpenSSL exception)
>> Account sync bt:
>>  *** Processing account bt
>>  Establishing connection to mail.btinternet.com:993 (btserv)
>>  ERROR: While attempting to sync account 'bt'
>>   Incorrect padding
>>  *** Finished account 'bt' in 0:00
>> ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
>> ERROR: While attempting to sync account 'bt'
>>   Incorrect padding
>
> Never seen this error before.

FWIW, I reported what seems the same error one year ago, with subject
"binascii.Error: Incorrect padding" (unfortunately I'm not able to reference
the thread as gmane interface isn't helping).

In my case, the reason was that the AUTHENTICATE command resulted in a plain
string containing "go ahead".

See also https://sourceforge.net/p/imaplib2/bugs/11/

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.