Incorrect padding

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Feb 27 18:22:22 GMT 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 10:57:40AM +0100, Lele Gaifax wrote:

> FWIW, I reported what seems the same error one year ago, with subject
> "binascii.Error: Incorrect padding" (unfortunately I'm not able to reference
> the thread as gmane interface isn't helping).
>
> In my case, the reason was that the AUTHENTICATE command resulted in a plain
> string containing "go ahead".
>
> See also https://sourceforge.net/p/imaplib2/bugs/11/

If you really need a patched imaplib2 because of a buggy IMAP server,
offlineimap now supports loading your own local version of the library.

1. Copy the bundled_imaplib2.py file from our sources.
2. Patch your copy.
3. Move it to somewhere in your PYTHONPATH.

Once done, `offlineimap -V` should report that imaplib2 is of type
"system".

However, we don't support unofficial configurations.