[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v7.0.14 released

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sat Mar 11 12:25:11 GMT 2017

OfflineIMAP v7.0.14 is out.

Downloads:
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v7.0.14.tar.gz
  http://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/archive/v7.0.14.zip

Pip:
  wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/v7.0.14/requirements.txt" -O requirements.txt
  pip install -r ./requirements.txt --user git+https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap.git@v7.0.14

Here is a new small fixup release for the v7.0 series. The first v7.0.0 release
is near to 8 months old. This v7.0.14 release is more reliable than v6.7.0.3.
Hence, I'm deprecating the v6.7 series.

Now, you are all enjoined to migrate to v7.0.14. Migrating back to v6.7 is not
supported so you might like to backup your local maildirs and metadata first.

We will fully remove the legacy text backend driver in near future. The SQLite
driver proved to be better for both performance and reliability.

With this release we use imaplib2 v2.57 to support some faulting IMAP servers,
fix a little bug about the backend migration to SQLite and serialize the sync
processes to prevent from issues when both IDLE and autorefresh are enabled.

Thanks to all the contributors and testers.

Happy sync'ing!

# Authors

- Nicolas Sebrecht (5)
- 927589452 (2)
- Jens Heinrich (1)
- Stéphane Graber (1)

# Fixes

- SQLite: avoid concurrent writes on backend migration. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- Fix ipv6 configuration handling. [Stéphane Graber]
- Prevent synchronization of identical folders from multiple threads. [Nicolas Sebrecht]

# Changes

- Bump from imaplib2 v2.55 to v2.57. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- scripts/get-repository.sh: use portable /bin/sh. [Jens Heinrich]
- MAINTAINERS: add new tester. [Nicolas Sebrecht]
- scripts/get-repository.sh: use env to call bash. [mailinglists at 927589452.de]