<DKIM> Cannot use offlineimap with gmail

Sridhar M. A. alaymari at gmail.com
Thu May 4 01:52:14 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 08:08:33PM +0300, Ilias Tsitsimpis wrote:

   > This is not necessarily because of a man-in-the-middle attack.
   > imap.gmail.com resolves to more that one IPs, and depending on which one
   > is being used, the certificate changes. See for example:

Whew, thanks for that comforting news :-) I suspected that gmail would
be changing ip's depending on the load, whatever. Our net usage policy is not
terribly restrictive. They might have set some pre-defined firewall
settings, which *maybe* causing som errors. I honestly do not suspect a
MITM attack on our network :-)

   > Sridhar, could you please try and replace the cert_fingerprint option
   > with 'sslcacertfile = OS-DEFAULT'?

I will try that and post the results.

--
Sridhar M. A.

I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.